President Joe Biden’s job-approval rating among American adults under the age of 30 has dropped to 29%, according to a new YouGov/Economist poll.
Here is my piece on our YouGov/Economist data showing a huge dropoff in support for Biden among young people. The decrease really is quite stunning: -50 points on net approval since January 26th (our first survey of his presidency).https://t.co/x5Ss0aB7sv
— G. Elliott Morris (@gelliottmorris) December 16, 2021
The findings are “a sharp reversal from the beginning of the year, when young voters gave Mr. Biden a net approval rating 32 points higher than older people did,” reported data journalist G. Elliot Morris.
According to Morris, young adults have “turned on [Biden]” because of inaction on climate change, health care and student-loan debt—issues on which “the president has promised much but so far delivered little.”
No refunds. https://t.co/uQjCXhcwmw
— Josiah Lippincott (@jlippincott_) December 15, 2021
Another factor cited by the pollster was that “their support for him was much stronger when the alternative was Mr. Trump.”
However, similar awakenings seem also to be taking place in other key leftist demographics.
Suburban women, African Americans and Hispanics all contributed to the success of Virginia Gov.-elect Glenn Youngkin, who refused to be baited into allowing his radical leftist opponent, Terry McAuliffe, to define the Republican platform.
As buyer’s remorse sets in over specific policies, many also are, in all likelihood, becoming jaded with the current administration’s blatant dishonesty and refusal to take accountability for its mistakes.
Instead, Biden’s handlers have doubled down on the very extremism that has led to skyrocketing inflation, crime and other kitchen-table issues.
Red-pilled liberal pundit Glenn Greenwald mocked the Left’s belabored focus instead on non-issues intended to smear and defame their opponents, despite having been widely debunked and having little bearing on everyday lives.
They need to talk more about Russia and January 6. https://t.co/lSfKtkDbLv
— Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) December 16, 2021
The poll also found that:
- Only 25% of Americans between the ages of 18-29 would “say things in this country today are generally headed in the right direction.”
- Only 4% of Americans believe the economy is “excellent,” and 48% believe it is only going to get worse.
- Only 4% of Americans “strongly approve” of Congress.
- Only 16% of Americans are personally worried “about experiencing COVID-19.”
- 41% of Americans have a “very unfavorable” view of Vice President Kamala Harris.
- 60% of “those who have not received any shots of any COVID-19 vaccine” have no plan to be vaccinated
- 29% of Americans believe the COVID-19 pandemic will never end.
- 62% of Americans believe race relations in the United States are “generally bad”
- 71% of Americans believe there is at least a 50–50 chance that Roe v. Wade will be overturned
The full poll results can be viewed here.