Carroll went public with her accusation after Trump was elected president. She alleged he attacked her in a changing room at Bergdorf Goodman in New York City in 1995.
Trump has denied the allegations, calling her a liar. Carroll then sued him for defamation.
Now, she plans to sue Trump again—this time for battery.
Carroll’s attorneys said this week that she will rely on the Adult Survivors Act, passed in New York earlier this year. The law placed a temporary suspension of the statute of limitations on sex crimes, granting victims a one-year window to file lawsuits against their attackers.
Carroll will file her battery lawsuit on Nov. 24, the day the new law takes effect, her lawyers said in a court filing, according to the New York Post.
“Trump committed battery against Carroll when he forcibly raped and groped her,” Carroll’s court filing reads. “Trump intentionally, and without her consent, attacked Carroll in order to satisfy his own sexual desires.”
Trump’s “physical contact with Carroll was offensive and wrongful under all the circumstances,” the complaint continues.
Carroll’s team also plans to file a second defamation lawsuit against Trump.
Trump appeared in court in October to answer questions under oath in regards to Carroll’s first defamation suit. Details about the deposition were not made known, but Trump’s legal team said he was “pleased to set the record straight.”
“This case is nothing more than a political ploy like many others in the long list of witch hunts against Donald Trump,” Trump lawyer Alina Habba said in a statement at the time.
For his part, Trump has also launched a defamation counter-lawsuit against Carroll.