(Ken Silva, Headline USA) Citing three sources with direct knowledge of the incident, Soldier of Fortune reported Monday that the Secret Service told President Joe Biden the identity of the person who brought cocaine into the White House last month.
Solider of Fortune is the publication that reported last month that that fingerprints were found on the bag of cocaine left in the White House. The publication, which historically has had high-placed sources in the military and intelligence agencies, has stuck by its reporting and continued to develop the cocaine story.
“All three sources independently told Soldier of Fortune the same name, which arose from an investigation into the incident,” the magazine reported Monday.
“The sources currently work for a U.S. government agency, and are not authorized to speak to the media.”
Perhaps surprisingly, the White House cocaine culprit was not Hunter Biden, according to Soldier of Fortune’s sources.
One source told the publication that “it was someone within the Biden family orbit, and it wasn’t Hunter.” Another source reportedly said “If you want the name, ask Joe Biden. He knows who it is.”
Soldier of Fortune attempted to contact Joe Biden about the matter, including by text message, but was unsuccessful.
Less than 24 hours after Solider of Fortune originally reported about the fingerprints on the cocaine bag, the Secret Service announced on July 13 that it was closing its investigation into the matter without finding the culprit.
The magazine has submitted Freedom of Information Act requests to the Secret Service and local law enforcement in an attempt to prove that those agencies lifted fingerprints from the cocaine baggie.
Other anonymous sources have reportedly said the cocaine culprit will likely never be apprehended.
“It’s gonna be very difficult for us to do that because of where it was,” an unnamed official told Politico.
“Even if there were surveillance cameras, unless you were waving it around, it may not have been caught [by cameras],” the source added. “It’s a bit of a thoroughfare. People walk by there all the time.”
White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre has said the White House is confident that the Secret Service would “get to the bottom of this.”
Ken Silva is a staff writer at Headline USA. Follow him at twitter.com/jd_cashless.