(Ezekiel Loseke, Headline USA) Loudoun County Public School District forbade a teacher from having a bible verse in her email signature, and the teacher is taking legal action.
The teacher, whose name has not been revealed, was barred from placing John 3:16 in her email signature line, according to Breitbart News.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life,” the famous verse reads.
This ban came despite the fact that LCPSD allows their teachers “personally-selected pronouns, quotations, pictures or phrases that are intended to express the teachers’ personal views on a variety of subjects, and that are attributable to the teachers, and not necessarily to LCPSD,” according to a letter sent by law firm Liberty Counsel, the teacher’s attorneys, to LCPSD regarding this case.
The letter was written by Richard L. Mast and Hugh C. Phillips of Liberty Counsel, specifically. It was sent to LCPSD Acting Superintendent Daniel Smith on March 23. The letter demanded that the teacher be allowed “to restore the Bible verse to her email signature block.”
“The directive from LCPSD to [the teacher] to remove an expression of her personal faith from her email signature block, based solely on its perceived religious nature, constitutes religious discrimination,” the letter reads.
The attorneys noted that LCPSD allowed the non-factual and controversial language of pronoun displays to be added to the email signatures of other employees.
“Many teachers include personally-selected pronouns or ‘preferred’ pronouns in their signature blocks,” it said. “The listing of pronouns communicates the teacher’s personal belief that gender or sex is not binary and cannot be presumed, and that pronouns are not objective and do not correspond with biological sex.”
“These beliefs (and whether teachers should promote them to children) are matters of hotly contested public concern.”
They further argued that a public employees religious speech at work could not be considered an establishment of religion. This reasoning was upheld in the Supreme Court, according to a statement made by Liberty Counsel.
Though appalling, this behavior is not surprising because LCPSD has a long history of immoral behavior.
- In 2021 LCPSD attempted to silence opposition to its teaching of Critical Race Theory.
- A middle school in LCPSD reported that a male student was sexually assaulting other male students in their restrooms, and a male student was convicted of raping a female student in the girls bathroom as he wore a skirt.
- A mishandling of sexual assaults committed against students led to the termination and indictment of the superintendent of LCPSD.
- LCPSD officials threatened students who refused to wear a mask with trespassing, and were caught instructing other administrators how to obtain warrants to trespass them.
- A LCPSD teacher had to sue to keep his job after criticizing LCPSD’s policy on transgenders.