(Dmytro “Henry” Aleksandrov, Headline USA) Instagram banned Democratic presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. from creating new campaign accounts and Elon Musk‘s Twitter saved the situation by giving him the platform.
RFK Jr. revealed on Thursday in his series of Twitter posts that when his campaign uses the TeamKennedy email address to set up accounts on Instagram, the platform automatically bans them for 180 days.
“Interesting… when we use our TeamKennedy email address to set up @instagram accounts we get an automatic 180-day ban. Can anyone guess why that’s happening?”
After that, RFK Jr. praised and thanked Twitter for allowing him to campaign on the platform.
“@instagram still hasn’t reinstated my account, which was banned years ago with more than 900k followers,” RFK wrote.
He then said that social media platforms are supposed to allow political candidates to speak.
“To silence a major political candidate is profoundly undemocratic. Social media is the modern equivalent of the town square. How can democracy function if only some candidates have access to it?” RFK Jr. wrote.
Musk, the owner and CEO of Twitter, responded to RFK Jr.
“Would you like to do a Spaces discussion with me next week?”
After Musk and RFK Jr. agreed upon the date of Twitter Spaces, Chet Long, Founder and Senior Partner of Web360 Global, announced that he would be the host of the event that will happen on Monday at 2 p.m.
“Honored to welcome US Presidential candidate @RobertKennedyJr to the 1st Presidential Town Hall on Twitter Spaces ever. Join me, @brockpierson and @jen_k_usa next week for this historic event,” he wrote.
“Thank you @elonmusk for providing this access for US voters to become better informed.”
According to the Post Millennial, Elon Musk expressed his disappointment last month with the Democratic party for not holding primary debates.
“We will do our best to support candidates from all parties, so that the public may make the most informed choice. Far too much backroom dealing seems to be happening,” he said.