Quantcast

Schumer Privately Admits Dems Will Lose House in November

'I was just in 12 cities in 12 days. We're ready... '

(Headline USA) Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., has privately admitted to Democrat senators that he thinks their party will lose the House during November’s midterm elections.

Schumer made the prediction during a Monday dinner, where he “spoke loudly and his remarks were overheard by other patrons in the restaurant,” Punchbowl News reported. He said the odds are a “60% chance we hold the Senate, and a 40% chance we hold the House.”

Other Democrats at the dinner included Sens. Chris Coons, D-Del., Chris Van Hollen, D-Md., Tom Carper, D-Del., John Hickenlooper, D-Col., and Dick Durbin, D-Ill.

The Democrats discussed some of the heated races as well, like Sen. Mark Kelly’s, D-Ariz., campaign against Republican candidate Blake Masters. Schumer reportedly admitted that Masters might be able to beat Kelly if Masters receives more funding from conservative billionaire Peter Thiel

...article continued below
- Advertisement -

Schumer also blasted disgraced New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo for failing to secure a favorable congressional map for Democrats in the redistricting process in New York, and said Sen. Chuck Grassley’s, R-Iowa, challenger will likely fail.

He also predicted former President Donald Trump will run again in 2024, and blasted House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., for being a “suck-up” to the former president.

The Democrat leader’s dismal odds for Democrats this November stands in stark contrast to House Leader Nancy Pelosi’s optimism. She insisted this week that Democrats will not only hold their majority in the House, but even add to it.

“I was just in 12 cities in 12 days. We’re ready,” Pelosi told Punchbowl News. “And understand this. Because of the leadership of [Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chairman Sean Patrick Maloney], we’re ready.”

...article continued below
- Advertisement -

She even chided reporters for questioning her “political instincts,” claiming she knows better than them how elections work.

“How many times have I told you over the past year and a half‑plus that the Democrats would hold the House, despite some of the so‑called ‘conventional’ so‑called ‘wisdom’ in Washington, D.C. saying that, in the off-year, the President’s party always loses Congress or seats?,” Pelosi snapped.

“Even though there are some among you who belittle my political instincts and the rest, I got us here twice to the majority, and I don’t intend to – our giving it up.”

Copyright 2022. No part of this site may be reproduced in whole or in part in any manner without the permission of the copyright owner. To inquire about licensing content, use the contact form at https://headlineusa.com/advertising.
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

TRENDING NOW

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -