(Ken Silva, Headline USA) Sens. Ron Johnson, R-Wisc., and Rand Paul, R-Ky., have released more internal communications from former Health and Human Services officials, showing their private concerns about the COVID-19 vaccination in early 2021. Publicly, the HHS was touting the vaccine as perfectly safe.
The new internal communications, released Sunday, are from Dr. Anthony Fauci’s COVID-era iPhone. The copy of Fauci’s phone was transferred by the Department of Health and Human Services to Johnson’s subcommittee. Senate investigators have already released dozens of messages, including ones showing that Fauci was aware of miscarriage risks linked to the vaccine. These new messages provide further context.
In one of the newly released messages from Jan. 25, 2021, Dr. John Mascola, the then-Director of the NIAID’s Vaccine Research Center, warned that the COVID vaccine could cause pregnant women to have miscarriages.
“Initial Studies [sic] avoid vaccination in first trimester due to possible fever and higher rates of miscarriage in first trimester,” Mascola said to Fauci in a text message.
Mascola’s message to Fauci came a few minutes before Fauci warned two other doctors that there could be risks with women getting vaccinated in their first trimester.
“Since many people have significant cytokines storm and fever after the 2nd dose, this theoretically could be associated with miscarriage in the 1st trimester,” Fauci texted—a message that Senate investigators already released earlier this month.
MORE NEWS: Today, @SenRandPaul and I released additional context to Dr. Fauci’s message to Drs. Vivek Murthy and Rochelle Walensky expressing concerns about mRNA COVID shots “theoretically” resulting in “miscarriage in the 1st trimester.”
On January 25, 2021, Dr. John Mascola,… pic.twitter.com/HWoRQUVaKs— Senator Ron Johnson (@SenRonJohnson) August 16, 2026
Despite raising that concern privately, Fauci would go on to insist that the COVID vaccines were perfectly safe for pregnant women. About a week after those texts, for instance, he said that there were “no red flags … about pregnant women.”
Sen. Johnson said his subcommittee reached out to Mascola to understand what he was saying and what he meant in his text message to Fauci. However, Mascola has retained an attorney and has yet to comment on the matter, Johnson said in a Sunday press release.
Along with the abovementioned texts, Sens. Johnson and Paul also released other internal messages about adverse events after COVID-19 vaccination. Those messages include a May 2021 email from Dr. Janet Woodcock, the then-Acting Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, who told Drs. Fauci and Francis Collins that she was receiving reports of adverse reactions from individuals, including “healthcare professionals.”
Woodcock said at the time that health officials should conduct a study on adverse reactions to the COVID vaccine. However, “I doubt the industry would support, for obvious reasons.
“But my experience is, that if you let a problem fester, then it will come back to bite you later and you are not prepared,” she added.
Ken Silva is the editor of Headline USA. Follow him at x.com/jd_cashless.
