(Headline USA) The Biden administration is releasing migrants with criminal records into the U.S., an Immigration and Customs Enforcement officer told Fox News this week.
The agent, who has been involved in the migrant release operation, said this has been going on since last spring but has been kept a secret by administration officials.
NEW: We were on scene as ICE mass released another a large group of single adult male migrants at San Antonio airport this morning. A NGO escorted the men inside. It aired live on @FoxNews
People at the airport told us they’ve seen these mass ICE releases happening for months. pic.twitter.com/q4NtbbkIfs
— Bill Melugin (@BillFOXLA) January 27, 2022
According to Fox News, many of the migrants released have been previously charged for assault, drunken driving, drug possession, and illegal re-entry. They have been turned loose with the expectation that they will check in with ICE and show up for court hearings, but oftentimes they just disappear and become untraceable.
The Biden administration has already lost track of more than 50,000 migrants it has released into the U.S.
TX: In just hours I saw more than 130 single adults dropped off at the airport in San Antonio. The administration has been saying single adults are expelled under the Title 42. This is about accountability. pic.twitter.com/tADi5UWePI
— Ali Bradley (@AliBradleyTV) January 26, 2022
ICE did not deny that criminals were being released into the U.S., saying these decisions are done on a case-by-case basis, Fox News reported.
The Department of Homeland Security has refused to comment on the report.
Yesterday morning, @FoxNews reached out to @DHSgov multiple times for a response to our reporting on the mass release of single adult male illegal immigrants from fed custody, some w/ misdemeanor criminal records, which ICE did not deny.
We have received no reply from DHS.
— Bill Melugin (@BillFOXLA) January 28, 2022